- Contact Us
- Beat Your D.U.I.
- 10 Day D.U.I. Rule
- Court Procedures
- D.U.I. Cop Contest
- D.U.I. Consequences
- D.U.I. DWI Traffic Stop
- FAQs Before D.U.I. Arrest
- FAQs After D.U.I. Arrest
- Do what after a D.U.I. Arrest?
- I'm in Jail, Where's My Car?
- Why wasn't I released?
- Do I Have to Take a Drug Test?
- Can I be Forced to Take Blood Test?
- Can I Get My Own Blood Test?
- Can I Get My License?
- DHSMV Most Important Forms
- When Do Arrestees Get Out Of Jail?
- Should I just plead guilty?
- Medical Records Used Against Me?
- Charged with D.U.I. while asleep?
- Find The Best Lawyer
- Free Forms and Books
- Guide To Fighting D.U.I.s
- Hardship License
- Laws, Drugs, & Driving
- Tampa D.U.I.s
- Retain Your License
- Choose The Best Lawyer
Florida Law Enforcement (State Troopers) participate in Contests That Reward Them For Getting The Most DUIs
The Law Office of W.F. ''Casey'' Ebsary Jr . is appalled at the contests and rewards given for the MOST DUI arrests, seemingly for the benefit of Florida DUI cops and probably police forces across the nation. Here are the results from 2013 Hurd-Smith Award. Tampa's Trooper Anthony Palese has been named the Florida Highway Patrol’s 2013 winner. The Hurd-Smith Award is given to the Florida Highway Patrol trooper with the most Driving Under the Influence (DUI) arrests in a single year.
A Press release continues, "Trooper Palese was honored during a Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD) Law Enforcement Recognition ceremony in Tampa Friday. FHP has been recognizing troopers with the award for 16 years at the annual MADD event."
Other award winners in this game that had at least 100 arrests that year were:
• Trooper Jose Ramirez (2012 Hurd-Smith winner), Orlando
• Trooper William Breen, Ft. Myers
• Trooper Deborah Hawkins, Orlando
• Trooper Melvin Arthur, Venice
• Trooper Gabriel Keyes, Orlando
• Trooper Niles Daughtry, Pensacola
• Trooper Mark Castleberry, Orlando
• Trooper Joshua Evans, Orlando
• Trooper Greg Healy, Jacksonville
One Largo DUI Cop has won money for Pinellas DUI Arrests. As Florida DUI Lawyer Attorney W.F. "Casey" Ebsary has previously reported . . .
Before you believe that Florida DUI officers do not have an incentive to arrest for Florida DUI in the Tampa Bay area - DUI Attorney W.F. ''Casey'' Ebsary Jr noted there was a recent DUI Award Banquet Honoring Florida Highway Patrol . . .
DUI Attorney on Florida's West Coast just uncovered the "rules" for a recent DUI Arrest Contest. The awards are characterized as DUI enforcement equipment, some of it valued at thousands of dollars . . .